Friday, September 29, 2017

Don't Become Distracted

  
Green Acres, D.C.


    Distractions - what are they used for? To take your attention away from things that may be much more important - for you and for the person who is using the manipulation. I don't watch football anymore and to be honest I haven't in quite some time.This is America -if someone doesn't want to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance that's their right. Personally, I don't like it, but I respect it. Don't disrespect our country just because you hate Trump. This of course, should not be a national issue of import other than for op-ed pieces.  I know there are many people who disagree with me. That's fine, too. (Don't disagree with Trump though, especially on Facebook- that's another no-no.) Many of my ancestors fought in numerous wars for our country as patriots at great personal and family costs. This whole thing is a major distraction from real issues.
     Right now there are extreme examples of global warming that are causing devastation in many parts of the world. (Trump of course denies global warming.) I have a special affinity for Puerto Rico and I am deeply troubled by what is happening there. There needs to be more done for Puerto Rico NOW. There also seems to be a real chance of war with North Korea. Trump calling their leader 'Rocketman' diminishes and ridicules the seriousness of this issue. Then there's his war on prescription medication, which is going to create a tremendous spike in heroin addiction. Chris Christie is the Opiod Guru and he obviously has an addiction of his own. Perhaps, Obesity Guru would have been a better choice for him. Tightening the legal supply of prescription medication for people who need it is going to put innocent people (that have committed no crimes) in great pain and anguish. It will also push some to heroin, which is cheaper, stronger and easier to obtain. http://nypost.com/2017/08/18/trumps-cure-for-the-opioid-crisis-is-bound-to-just-make-it-worse/Russian roulette curtesy of #45. They may get heroin or instant death. At least make marijuana legal for pain management. Oh yes, it is already legal for pain management - but just about impossible to get. I don't know if you've ever experienced someone in tremendous pain (or perhaps yourself) not being able to get access to some kind of relief - it is hell on earth. Trump is adamantly against marijuana, drugs and alcohol. I understand that because his brother drank himself to death. I would respect that view if he hadn't tried to profit from the sale of alcohol. He manufactured and sold his own brand of vodka under the Trump label. He is the supreme hypocrite.
     He is also causing extreme polarization in this country and is very embarrassing to me personally as an American. I don't like hearing Europeans and people from around the world criticizing our president. I find myself becoming enraged because they are right and I am deeply offended, not only by their remarks, but by having this man in office. Do I really want to get into a fistfight defending Trump? No, but I cannot sit by and listen to people from other countries mocking him in the most obscene ways. He needs to understand his role, respect the office and start representing us with some dignity.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, George, it's easier to get an assault rifle than a codine pill from the dentist.
    Try not curse so much - good luck with the tooth.

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.

Disclaimer:
Stories herein containing unnamed or invented characters are works of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.