Wednesday, January 29, 2020

The Ascension of Mike Bloomberg as King of the USA

 


     I had a crazy day yesterday. I broke up a fight between two hulking angry kids that were unusually strong. Yeah, I don’t care that I shouldn’t have done it - it was the ethical thing to do. One or both were on the verge of getting seriously injured. Everyone thanked me for doing it, including the caring, gracious principal. Teenagers will be teenagers, wherever you are.  I’m working part time, far from the third world Bronx. It’s striking how different things are outside the city. If I had known, I probably would have left the city almost immediately after reaching tenure, (but then again probably not. I was once very idealistic, trying to save my students from the underwhelming indifference that encompasses modern life in all its facets). The most striking difference I see is that everyone is a professional and acts accordingly. They also genuinely like kids, not secretly (or openly) hate them. It slightly reminded me of the school I was in prior to the UFT’s suicide note of 2005 (absolving Mike Bloomberg of the killing). I was thinking about Bloomy when I turned on Jimmy Fallon, and ‘Poof!’  there he was in HD!

    I caught the entire segment in which he got a standing ovation and constant thunderous applause. https://youtu.be/xpMycNIEjmMWhile watching him, my stomach started churning. Not because of my visceral dislike of the man, but because what he said was excellent, made sense and if I wasn’t a teacher during his reign, I would probably vote for him (especially if I believed the nonsense labeling of Bernie - which many do). It seems like most folks in that NYC audience felt the same way. He tripped up a little and revealed he hasn’t changed much while explaining that everything he did as mayor was based on the business model. He also did the ole soft shoe to explain how he managed to do three terms as mayor, while there was a law on the books limiting him to two. For me,  all this is a red flag, but for most - even those that support Trump - it’s a big plus. He said exactly what I’ve been saying all along - he’s everything Trump claims to be. He a billionaire, incredibly successful, smart, a great negotiator and is spending only his own money https://youtu.be/ewz_pUQ_Hps   Here’s another link https://youtu.be/nYh3xGCqHQc

    I would have thought there would have been a concerted effort from the unions to give voice to what it was like living with Mayor Bloomy. Mulgrew lost his voice during those twelve years. Now is the time to finally find some redemption in the process. Weingarten is another matter entirely - I don’t believe she’ll ever speak out against him.

1 comment:

  1. Bloomberg was a pimp he could have never out fought santino

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.

Disclaimer:
Stories herein containing unnamed or invented characters are works of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.