Saturday, January 31, 2015

Are ATR APs Being offered a Severance Package?



One  of my buddies called me last night and told me ATR APs are being offered a 10 week severance package, that disappears after March. A severance package implies layoffs. Would their union agree to this?! I don't know. Perhaps a buyout is the more accurate term. I hate to think of anyone losing their jobs. Why would this be offered now? What effects will it have on ATR teachers? If it is a buyout, I can't imagine many taking a paltry 10 week payout in the middle of the year.


UPDATE 4/11/15: Several of my friends, who are ATR APs took the buy out. I want to wish them good luck. Many forget how professional these APs were and they like ATR teachers were left without a position when their schools closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.

Disclaimer:
Stories herein containing unnamed or invented characters are works of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.