Wednesday, February 7, 2024

February


February is one of my favorite months. The winter is half over, but February reigns gloriously - not because of it, but in spite of it. February is incredibly generous and kind - especially to teachers - it gives us a week off, Martin Luther King Day, the Chinese New Year and Valentine’s Day. The days are getting longer, and the sun is getting brighter. It gives us hope.

Last night I wasn’t feeling well and went to bed early. Trying to sleep, I was strongly compelled to pray for James, which I did. The first thing I did this morning was look to see if something had happened. When I saw the ICE blog, and it’s news, a great sadness enveloped me, but also a sense of peace - his struggle is over. 

James was a glorious person - magnificent in his kindness, generosity and friendship. May G-d bless James, his family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.

Disclaimer:
Stories herein containing unnamed or invented characters are works of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.