Monday, February 29, 2016

What App Are You Being Filmed On? I Am Now an ATR Alien.


Please open your books to page 161.


   I recently caught two separate students filming me. One turned me into an alien via a cell phone app and the other was being broadcast live to heavens knows where. I asked both to put the phones away. I considered reporting it to the restorative justice league and thought better of it. It would become a big deal and nothing would happen other than I would be blamed. (Yes, it's come to that.) So instead I talked to both students. One was a junior, a very immature girl (alien app) and the other was a bit thuggish. I talked to the young man alone as he was leaving the school. I warned him of the danger of filming people without their knowledge. It seems these pictures disappear from the internet after a few seconds (that was a relief - I'm not a good looking alien).  The alien app is called snapchat that allows you to turn people into unicorns, aliens or assorted creatures. I have been told there is also an app that exchanges and/or merges faces. These apps can be potentially troublesome for teachers and students (use your imagination). Some of them promote anonymous gossip, sexting and altered photos. http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/01/31/5-dangerous-apps-dont-know-your-kids-are-using.html

   There is no legitimate reason for cell phones to be in classrooms, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.

Disclaimer:
Stories herein containing unnamed or invented characters are works of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.