Friday, August 26, 2016

The Summertime Blues

 


     We have a week left; that's like a day during the summer. (After a few weeks of work, you'll be praying for a week off.) Have you done everything you planned to do this summer? I haven't. All those friends I was supposed to get together with, I didn't. It was to damn hot. I'm blaming it on global warming. They did predict that this summer would be the hottest on record (by 3 degrees) and I'm sure it's well on its way. Have you noticed no one wants to talk on the phone anymore? It's only texting.  If you leave voice mail, it's proof you're over sixty. Everyone is totally addicted to social media - Facebook, Instagram, etc., etc.. The art of conversation has taken a real hit. If trapped in a conversation they will talk over you, not make eye contact, pull out their phones or take a selfie - and those are the people that like me. Between being an ATR and all this non-stop technology BS, I feel like Rodney Dangerfield.

2 comments:

I reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.

Disclaimer:
Stories herein containing unnamed or invented characters are works of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.