Thursday, July 25, 2019

What’s Your Opinion?

 
   I was surprised my last posting had many friends talking and a large number of hits. I use strict comment moderation because when I first started my blog I had many over the top repulsive anti- teacher/ ATR comments. I was curious why this latest entry seemed to strike such a chord and asked a few friends what they thought. I was very surprised by some of the responses. I’m still thinking about them. I’d like to hear your viewpoints. Of course, I have my own. Responses can be totally Anonymous. The only thing I ask is that you think deeply about your responses. (However, I will delete any vile and/or obscene nonsense.)

   Why are people now emboldened to act the way they are, in total disregard of morality, civility and authority? Why does this go across all (i.e., racial, socio-economic, education, age and gender) classes and classifications of people? Why are people angry all the time? Do you feel safe in your everyday life? Is the threat of violence a concern? Why can’t differing opinions be respected? What changes are occurring in your life? Where is it leading you? What do you foresee happening in your life? When did you start to notice a change? Cheers.

*** Did my best to enable anonymous comments. I’ll post the results if any tomorrow. If the site doesn’t allow you to post anonymously, make a note and I’ll do so if you wish.

 

2 comments:

  1. Our society has devolved into a free for all for a variety of reasons:

    1. Children having children
    2. Our throwaway society has placed instant gratification front and center.
    3. Religious beliefs are held by an ever decreasing number of citizens.
    4. Popular culture celebrates the lowest common denominator. Witness the trash the dominates the internet, movies and television.
    5. A lack of pride or self esteem, fostered in part by a dearth of positive role models.
    6. Anti-intellectualism.
    7. Political correctness excuses formerly unacceptable behavior.
    8. Income inequality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Much of what we are experiencing is absymal, but not all of it. Some, like teachers (unfortunately not NYC teachers), are fighting for their rights after sitting passively for decades. Something is happening on a massive worldwide scale. Thanks, Pat.

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.

Disclaimer:
Stories herein containing unnamed or invented characters are works of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.