Friday, March 20, 2020

Meandering Thoughts, March 2020

 

   De Blasio continuously gives me pause. It’s much the same reaction I have when I listen to President Trump. Both are spectacularly incompetent and dangerous. They are dangerous because they are full of misinformation, platitudes and can create a tremendous urge towards self-destruction for any audience that may be listening to them. I already had one TV that committed suicide and jumped off my fireplace.

  This afternoon Big Bill was on again attempting to lengthen his 15 minutes of fame like a salt water taffy maker would have when creating that delectable treat. Every word out of his mouth reiterates panic and contradictions. To call him a hypocrite would be like calling Ghandi a good man - it goes far deeper than that. It got to the point today that I had to turn him off. He is THE turn off. His buffoonery has catapulted our old devilish fiend Cuomo into the stratosphere of demi -god. Andy  looks like a superstar because he has common sense. Common sense is in short supply these days especially from elected officials. I think this is the one trait that should be required in all elected officials. If you have a leader that has this one quality, you really can’t go wrong with that person in times of crisis.

    There are so many things that can come out of this current crisis that it boggles the mind. I cannot fathom that Biden or Trump will be our next president. Every time I see Andy on the TV, I think it’s going to be him. Watching Andy handle himself makes me think that scenario may not be such a bad thing. And that’s saying something for me. I have had a deep loathing for Andy for many years.  I’ve often seen him as the anthesis of his father Mario. It’s gotten to the point that I  never call the Tappanzee Bridge ‘The Mario Cuomo Bridge’ – not because of the father, it’s because of the last name. All of that has changed. Looking at Cuomo during this crisis, I’m thinking he could trounce Trump. I think Trump has figured that out as well, while making up with him. I’m still hoping for Bernie, of course.

    As weeks go into months, I do not foresee good things for NYC. I was in the Bronx this morning and saw large groups of teenagers openly smoking weed and being very boisterous. I don’t have a problem with that per se, but boredom, no guidance and lack of money isn’t a good mix. I’m sure the National Guard will be policing NYC, if this crisis continues. The Westchester parks were packed today. White parents can’t control their kids either and I saw a lot of frayed nerves. Then there’s the couples I’ve seen arguing. Divorces and pregnancies will be way up - hopefully not from the same couples.

    My school in Westchester is closed as well, of course. I thought today was Saturday and am back to going to bed at 3AM and getting up at 11. My gym is closed and with Boca Harry in town, I’m packing on the pounds. Well that’s ok, in retrospect. Please be cognizant of your health and the health of others. Stay well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.

Disclaimer:
Stories herein containing unnamed or invented characters are works of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.